Laser North, a laser cutting and metal fabrication specialist, is growing and seeks skilled Welders to join their team in Baraga, Michigan.
Are you able to weld efficiently while maintaining the highest level of safety and quality in our industry? Do you possess an exceptional work ethic, a strong drive to solve problems, and an ability to understand prints/weld symbols? If so, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A LASER NORTH WELDER.
- Weld product to meet customer demand.
- Work closely with the Lead Welder and welding team on a day-to-day basis to meet customer demand and solve problems.
- Read and understand prints and weld symbols.
- Weld complicated weldments where alignments, dimension, and weld quality must conform to drawings/prints.
- Use weld fixtures, gauges, and jigs.
- Inspect parts using precision measuring equipment and document inspection data.
- Adhere to company quality and safety standards.
- Collaborates effectively with the entire LNI team to assure clear communication.
COMPENSATION. $15 – $19.50 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a performance-based bonus, supplemental medical insurance, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, company provided apparel, a clean and safe work environment, and great management.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A LASER NORTH WELDER.
- 1 year of experience as a welder, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess certification as a welder or have the ability to become AWS certified.
- Possess certification as a Forklift Operator or have the ability to become certified.
- Knowledge and experience applying best weld practices such as: setting up MIG and TIG welders to optimal settings ensuring proper weld penetration; working knowledge of carbon steel, stainless, and aluminum MIG welding; ability to maintain weld equipment.
- Ability to read and understand prints and weld symbols.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
- A commitment to superior customer service.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
APPLY ONLINE. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LASER NORTH AT lasernorthinc.com