Laser North (LNI), a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, is growing and seeks energetic, fresh talent to join their team as Machine Operators in Baraga, Michigan.
As an LNI Machine Operator, you are dependable and efficient in the production of our product while maintaining the highest level of safety and quality in our industry. To succeed, you must be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, a strong drive to solve problems, and ability to read and understand prints/instructions. You possess excellent and effective organization and communication skills, as well as a commitment to superior customer service.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MACHINE OPERATOR.
- Work closely with the entire LNI team on a daily basis to meet customer demand/solve problems.
- Maintain effective CNC machine operation to assure on-time delivery of our product.
- Read and understand prints and instructions.
- Perform general equipment preventative maintenance.
- Assures Laser Department is organized, clean and “Tour Ready” at all times.
- Assist other production areas as needed.
- Adhere to company quality and safety standards.
- Collaborates effectively with the entire LNI team to assure clear communication.
COMPENSATION. $15 – $18 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a performance-based bonus, supplemental medical insurance, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, company provided apparel, a clean and safe work environment, and great management.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS AN LNI MACHINE OPERATOR.
- 1 year of experience as a Machine Operator (CNC Laser Operator), desired.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency in operating CNC machines.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize machine programs and material flow.
- Ability to identify material savings and implement efficient use of materials.
- Ability to manage inventory levels and perform quality inspections on incoming raw materials.
- Ability to read and understand prints/instructions.
- Ability to follow safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
- A style that both inspires and motivates a team.
- Ability to work with computers, machine controllers and learn new programs; G-Code experience a plus.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and an ability to solve problems.
- Reliable transportation and impeccable attendance record, required.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
APPLY ONLINE. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LASER NORTH AT lasernorthinc.com