Laser North (LNI), a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, is growing and seeks a skilled General Laborer to join their team in Baraga, Michigan.
As a General Laborer, you are dependable and efficient in the production of our product while maintaining the highest level of safety and quality in our industry. To succeed, you must be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, have a strong drive to solve problems, and the ability to continuously improve. If you are an organized individual with excellent communication skills and a commitment to superior customer service, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GENERAL LABORER.
- Work closely with the Production Manager and entire LNI team on a day-to-day basis to meet customer demand and solve problems.
- Organize products; clean and sort parts.
- Light machining.
- Organize and clean production floor to always be “Tour Ready.”
- Assemble packaging for outbound shipments (crates, pallets, boxes).
- Stage product in production cells.
- Willingness to assist other production areas when needed.
- Adhere to company quality and safety standards.
- Collaborates effectively with the entire LNI team to assure clear communication.
WAGE. $12 – $16 per hour, based on knowledge and experience.
SCHEDULE. 7am – 3:30pm
BENEFITS. Laser North places great value in their team by offering a performance/success-based bonus, paid time off, paid holidays and safety training.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS AN LNI GENERAL LABORER.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting or as a general laborer, preferred.
- Ability to effectively operate light machines.
- Reliable transportation and impeccable attendance record, required.
- General knowledge of Inventory and Quality Control systems.
- Ability to follow safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
- General knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools such as 5S.
- Ability to read/follow instructions.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A positive, collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE. APPLY ONLINE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled.